Quality and Environmental Management
Integrated Power Designs (IPD) is an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 registered company.
Quality and Environmental Policy
IPD is committed to the on-time delivery of quality product while minimizing our environmental impact. To achieve this result we will:
- Comply with all applicable legal, safety, regulatory and other requirements with regard to product and the environment.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of the QEMS.
- Establish and review quality and environmental objectives, including targets, yearly.
- Communicate our policy to all persons working for or on the behalf of the organization.
- Continually improve design technology and manufacturing efficiency which promotes pollution prevention.
- Review this policy, along with all aspects of the QEMS, yearly to evaluate if still effective and appropriate to IPD’s activities.
Quality and Reliability
All IPD power supplies go through a rigorous inspection process before delivery to the customer. This includes, but is not limited to:
- 4000VAC dielectric strength testing of isolation transformers.
- Visual inspection of assembled product before solder wave.
- Bench Pre-Test to verify power supply meets test or customer specifications.
- Production Line Dielectric Strength testing of assembled product.
- Earth Leakage Current testing for medical power supplies.
- ATE Final Test to verify acceptability against requirements, results logged.
Reducing our Environmental Impact
Although IPD’s primary manufacturing function is as an electronics assembler we understand every action has an impact on the environment. To limit this impact IPD has initiated the following environmental controls:
- Installation of high efficiency electronic ballasts to reduce electricity usage.
- Installation of “white roof” to improve on heating and cooling requirements.
- Cardboard segregation and recycling to reduce landfill usage.
- Contracts with certified waste management companies to collect residual waste from soldering processes.
- 100% segregation of metals and electronic components for recycling.
- Environmentally conscious design techniques utilized to produce power supplies that are more efficient, use less raw materials /components and are smaller in size to ensure easy disposal at end of life cycle.
- Use of lead free solder and components since 2007.
Product Safety Evaluation, Testing and Report Assembly
Integrated Power Designs (IPD) has a dedicated safety engineering lab that is certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and TUV SUD America (TUV) to comply with the requirements of ISO 17025:2005. This allows IPD to perform all applicable safety standards evaluation, testing, and report generation onsite which benefits our customers in reduced costs and turnaround time on custom products.